Saturday, December 25, 2010

Returning to - or escaping from? - the Cage...

Greetings!

I'm restarting this blog in the hope it will give me an outlet for my random thoughts that is a little more formal and that requires a bit more discipline on my part.

I've found that I've been spending a lot of time writing in various places, and while some of it has been off-the-cuff fluff, some has been pretty decent and well-considered. Unfortunately because of where it had been placed, some of this has been not used to its best benefit. I'm hoping that this blog will allow that better work - the thoughts that I think are worth sharing and may be useful to others - to be more accessible, more meaningful and better-written.

What that also means is that my presence in those other online arenas will decrease. This is quite intentional. By focusing my efforts on one outlet, I'm hoping to have a greater impact while spending less time doing so.

At some point I may have multiple blogs that each focuses on a specific topic, but for now this blog will get everything; I'll use tags to help people find it or ignore it.

So I can't promise what you'll find here, but I hope you'll enjoy it. I'm betting that if you're reading this, you know me well enough to not be surprised!

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment